Name:

I'm in process and finding my way and gaining clarity daily. Current explorations include but are not limited to: Equanimity/Letting Go, Humor/Accepting the Absurdity, Will/Desire, & Action/Making Manefest. For my post about how this blog was named go here

Thursday, November 18, 2004

The thrill is in the strategy but it seems I can't ignore the implementation

Geeesh, what dull and unsatisfying idiocy procrastination is. It feels like a black hole, leaves me empty and doesn't protect me from what I'm procrastinating to avoid. What a bust.

Today. I'm focusing on some high priorities that I've been putting off. I want the satisfaction of having them out of the way, not the dullness of persisting in avoiding them. Will check in later…
…most likely on the topic of what does motivate me.

________________________
In the meantime, here's an interesting little tidbit from a write up on intp's:
"INTPs contribute a logical, system-building approach to their work. They like being the architect of a plan, because of the scheming and thinking involved, far more than being the implementer of that plan. Implementation tends to be drudgery… When their projects are of interest to them, they can become mesmerized and may even work through the night. when their projects are not intriguing, their work is considered drudgrery, and the INTP finds it difficult to stay motivated."

No Duh! I've stalled on every project that I had started last month with such energy and enthusiasm—in each case, the strategizing phase is complete and now all that is left to do is following through on the master plans I've outlined. The Drudgery of Implementation!

Oh well, here's to a day full of drudgery, may I find some way to enjoy it, because I really want these projects completed. So much for putting them off because the only way to move on to another great strategizing session is to clear off the details/implementing of the last plan or to find a way to pass off the implementation phase to others, then I can get my fix with what I do enjoy again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home