Name:

I'm in process and finding my way and gaining clarity daily. Current explorations include but are not limited to: Equanimity/Letting Go, Humor/Accepting the Absurdity, Will/Desire, & Action/Making Manefest. For my post about how this blog was named go here

Sunday, July 23, 2006

SingleMindedNess

When I am working on something, nothing else matters, nothing else can matter. That one thing, that one task must be allowed to become my whole world. All else draws me away from being centered on completing that thing-at-hand. It is only in the moments of true centering that I make any significant progress. It is only when I give myself to a purpose that I become truly effective at completing it.

Note to Nameless Daughter:
Give yourself up to your work. It knows with more clarity its own essence and path than you. Once you’ve defined the beginning and set your compass on the desired direction, let it do the navigation and dictate the steps; remember you can always refiness the course if you find you’ve both gone astray from the desired outcome. Your mind is full of too many things and has interference where-as the task at hand has no agenda but its own completion. Trust it to know its own path and get the fuck out of its way. “Turn Off Your Mind, Relax and Float Downstream.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for a compass in the whirlwind of distractions.

They have hopefully not turned me off the path that may lead me to do something worthwhile.

I need to use my potential to benefit me, instead of trying to move in a hundred directions at once, which is what I have been doing until now.

Thank you

Anna

8:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

I know that iam a capable enoughindividual....
Al these days i got distracted by many uneessary things women,friends,travel,religion,some other cool deals etc but after reading your post i feel that what i want to achiee should be more important to me than anything else...

Now i will wor single mindedly on my goal and I will ket you hear....

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pearlsposts.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home