Name:

I'm in process and finding my way and gaining clarity daily. Current explorations include but are not limited to: Equanimity/Letting Go, Humor/Accepting the Absurdity, Will/Desire, & Action/Making Manefest. For my post about how this blog was named go here

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Transformation begins at home

People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think that what we're seeking is an experience of being alive. . . so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive.
--Joseph Campbell

What am I going to do for myself to feel fully alive today? I will put first things first. I'm thinking that I ought to first tend to regaining full stability and vibrancy in my own life before venturing to give beyond to my community again. I will be tending to my core needs for a while.

1) be even tempered with and emotionally available to my son while taking him to the pool and doing some hands on activities with him (lego, board games, work books) as well as take him to the park where he can play on his own while I write.
2) revive my living space with 2 hours of depth level decluttering
3) tie up loose ends by revising my resume and getting closure on my last job by drafting a full letter of resignation as well as a letter of recommendation to one of my staff
4) revive my body with some strengthening exercises which target especially my core muscles in my abdomen, lower back, upper legs and upper arms.
5) make appointments for visits to our doctor and dentist for routine health checks.
6) call a friend for support (B), call another to offer support (T) and call a third just to say "hi" (M)
7) tomorrow, I'd like to spend up to an hour on managing our retirement funds and also complete anything on this list which I couldn't get to today.

That is enough to begin with. Most of all, I hope to keep the focus on myself and my family in a way that reaffirms our importance and how much I value ease in our lives just as much as I value moving forward my ideals in the world at large.

Note to Nameless Daughter: Be sure to stretch and to eat a nutritious breakfast before beginning your day, because it's important to tend to your foundations before you set to building your castles in the sky.

1 Comments:

Blogger laura k said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm so happy to hear from Americans who've made a similar move.

Thanks for your good wishes, and best of luck to you, too. Stop by any time.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home