Name:

I'm in process and finding my way and gaining clarity daily. Current explorations include but are not limited to: Equanimity/Letting Go, Humor/Accepting the Absurdity, Will/Desire, & Action/Making Manefest. For my post about how this blog was named go here

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

3 questions

Ted, as your questions were more research related than personal, you invited my professional self (part of my income is derived via research) so I conducted 20 minutes of inquiry and can offer you enlightenment.

1: How does Butterball get that little red thingy to pop up at the perfect time when the turkey's done?


My experience is exclusive to Tofurkies, so I was compelled to confer directly with the confident kitchen consultants of Butterball (the one I spoke with seemed to have one of those red pop up thangies firmly lodged up her butt). She declared very proudly that they do not, in fact, use those pop up thangies with their superior turkeys. Furthermore, they discourage the use of them. She declared earnestly that the plastic thangys are too easily displaced during the turkey's many josslings from the store, to freezer, to counter, to pan etc, etc, etc. (It sure sounded to me like they are just sore that they didn't come up with that promotional item first and that maybe they take their birds a leetle too seriously.)

That said, it seems that the pop up mechanism is activated when a heat sensitive metal attains the necessary temperature to lose its grip on the spring loaded rod. …I'm definitely sticking to the side dishes. See here for full details and diagrams.

2: How could 59,054,087 voters be that full of fear to vote that way?

I like to assume that people are doing their best—that if they do great harm then I console myself that they didn't intend to, but are working from a deficiency. Kohlberg, a moral theorist, would say that most people don't attain a level of moral development beyond that of adherence to the authority of g-d and country (level 3). Given his thesis and my assumption that people are trying their best, if the propaganda machine spins well towards this g-d & country hierarchy of values (as they did) they will always win the race. (Note that Kohlberg classed himself in a minority group at the uppermost level of his scale with Ghandi, Jesus, Buddha and all the most abstract thinking and highly principled individuals…last I heard he walked into the ocean to join the fishes.)

Further research leads me to a fellow researcher Inspector Lohmann . He conducts his bleak investigations in very different ways than I. In this link he explores your question via a minuette He also offers the possibility that the US is no longer reality based.

Lohmann's colleagues would say that Diebold fixed the race and that we cannot be certain even that that many did vote that way. Reference any of the difinitive source, American Samizdat ...or the following for further mumblings on how it may not be a question of a missguided populus but of a usurped government:
1
2
3
4
5
or 6

For myself…it is simply the fact that questions like these are all too easy to ask these days that I moved North of the border. Though in keeping with my wish to join the rest of humanity in doing the best we can, I do try to do anything I can to instill a more sane way of being than fear based voting even now that I'm a bit out of the fray.

3: If Miss Issippi had a new jersey, what would Della ware?

I'm remember vaguely that Della is of French extraction, if so, then surely she wears Ma chausettes . But then really, Idaho, Alaska...



Note to Nameless Daughter: Diversions can be refreshing as long as they don't take you too far from your path. Get back to work!

Note to Ted: Thanks for the fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gr8fulTed said...

And I was, of course, delighted to provide it...*chuckle*

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home